Halloween 2008 - the Recap

I'm having a really hard time writing up a Halloween post. I'm not sure why. I think it is because Halloween is stupid. Yep, pretty sure that's it. I don't really like things that are creepy or scary and there is something very weird to me about encouraging children to dress up like little goolies and go door-to-door begging for food. But I digress...

We had Halloween overload this year. So here's my recap and thoughts:

Saturday Boo at the Zoo - fun, but I probably won't go next year. The girls don't need the additional treats.

Wednesday Ward Trunk or Treat - again, fun. This was my favorite actually. I say next year we cut out the carnival, just do trunk or treat on the actual night of Halloween and then we can cut out trick or treating all together.

Thursday Brynn's preschool Halloween party - she had so much fun! She is still talking about it.

Carving pumpkins
- the girls drew the faces and dad did the carving. Grace wanted the big pumpkin to look like Larry the Cucumber from Veggie Tales and she did a good job.

Friday Costume parade at the school - fun, Grace loves that! I was especially impressed with the principal's costume - captain Hook, complete with dark flowing wig - good times.

Grace's class party - eating a doughnut off of a string seemed to be the highlight.

Trick or Treating at Chad's office - our kids were the only ones who came, which was a bummer. As a result of being the only ones they got a lot of attention, which they loved and a lot of candy, which they loved even more!

Trick or Treating - Chad is always in charge of this activity, but I hear it was fun.

The best part of Halloween this year was a surprise visit from Grandma Sharon. She flew in on Thursday night. Chad and the girls carved their pumpkins while I went to pick her up and the airport. When we got back to the house she rang the bell and the girls answered. The looks on their faces were priceless. They were so surprised! They had no idea.

Grandma spent a long weekend doing everything the girls wanted to do. Playing, going to the parade, trick or treating. Thanks Mom - I know making the trip is never easy or especially convenient, but it was a special weekend.

There were a few low moments. Brynn got a raging tummy ache on the way home from Chad's office. She curled up into a ball (as best she could in her car seat) and screamed all the way home. She didn't even have that much candy, but she is so little. She just can't handle much.

I had a terrible headache on Halloween night and went to bed about 8:30, so I missed most of the fun. Luckily we had been having Halloween for a week, so I don't feel like I missed anything.

And finally, there was the expected sugar-induced crash on Saturday. As Chad says "On Halloween they dress up like witches and the day after Halloween, they turn into witches!"

Pics Coming Soon!

Comments

Popular Posts