Word of the Week --Attribute

Each week as part of her homework Grace has a word of the week. This week's word is attribute. So to help her learn the definition we were listing the attributes (words used to describe of someone or something) of things around us. Milk is white, cold. Dad is funny, patient, tall. The table is hard, wooden.

Once she writes the definition of the word, Grace is supposed to draw a picture of collect something to show her class that demonstrates what the word means. This week she decided to draw a picture. I asked her what she wanted to describe.

"You mom."

Oh boy. This could be interesting. "Great," I said "Go for it. Do you need help?"

"Nope. I know what I want to say."


Here is her picture...



So that's me sitting at my desk in my black chair, working on my laptop. Grace asked me if I preferred to have my big computer or my laptop in the picture. "How about your laptop?" She asked. "I see you use that a lot."

She also asked me if I was happy with my hair in the picture. Bless you, sweet girl. Grace even captured my work "uniform" -- pink sweatshirt and purple pajama pants. Ah the joys of telecommuting.

But the caption is the best: "One of my mom's attributes is that she is a hard worker."

When I told her how much I liked the picture and said she did good work, she said "I know, that's cause I'm a good artist. I make it careful, colorful and detailed."

Thank you, Grace. My life is sweeter because you are in it.

Comments

KJlovesBubba said…
Oh, that's priceless!

Popular Posts