An Amazing Date

Ok, I'll admit it ... I like reality TV. Strike that. Actually, I love reality TV. Not all reality TV, mind you, not the mindless trashy kind, but the classics like Survivor, the Amazing Race, Top Chef, Project Runway. Yep, love 'em.

A few weeks ago Grace asked if she could stay up one Sunday night and watch the Amazing Race with me. I thought she might enjoy it, so I let her. That night was full of questions -- what are they doing? Why are they eating that? Did the instructions say it was ok to take a cab? After explaining every moment of the episode to her I thought "well, that was a fun, one time experience." But she literally talked about it every day after that. So the next week, when she asked me if she could watch it with me, I let her.

Every week since then Grace has counted down the days to the Amazing Race nights. "Two days until Amazing Race." "Tomorrow is Sunday, mom ... you know what that means?" A couple of times we have gone to Chad's parents on Sunday afternoon and she'll come up and whisper in my ear "Just be sure we leave in time for the Amazing Race." And every Sunday night about 7:20 (I always start a show at least 20 minutes into it, so I can fast forward through the commercials) we snuggle up in my bed and watch the Amazing Race. Sweet little thing holds my hand the entire show. Tonight she said to me "Mom, I love having an Amazing Race date with you every week."

I love it too, baby doll.

Comments

Popular Posts