A Box of Sunshine

Apparently, my seasonal affective disorder is known from coast to coast. A box arrived in the mail on Saturday and when I opened it up I got hit with a big burst of yellow sunshine. My mom had put a sunshine box together for me and inside was a yellow scarf, yellow candles, springy-yellow dishtowels, my favorite kind of lotion (pink, but still bright), a cheese grater (because it wouldn't be a present without a kitchen gadget), a few notebooks for me to fill with my non-stop writing (I've decided to use the yellow striped one first) and a chocolate bar (not yellow, but hello chocolate...)


So I'm sitting here at the kitchen table today, working, writing, looking out the window at the gray skies and the giant snowflakes and I keep getting a glimpse of the new yellow scarf around my neck...I feel special. I have a good mom. She loves me even in my whiny, depressed winter state.


Thanks for the sunshine, Momma. I needed it. It'll hold me over until spring decides to come.

Comments

Aren't mom's the best?! They seem to know just what to do. How sweet was that?!

Popular Posts