Can you say mood swings?

Wow, I forgot why I love 4 years old so darn much. (heavy on the sarcasm here) I was talking to my sis-in-law this weekend in our monthly commiserate-about-the-kids-catch-up phone call. She summed it up well...I'm paraphrasing, but essentially her theory on the horror that is 4 is as follows..."You expect 2 yrs old to be really, really bad, so when it is only really bad you are pleasantly surprised. But you think by 4 they'll have it figured out and when they don't it's kind of shocking."

Brynn is 'laying' (I use that term loosely) in her bed at the moment pitching her 4th major, major, major temper fit of the day. It is something about a book. I honestly can't understand one word she is screaming. Today's other major points of contention have involved a pair of socks, something about macaroni and cheese and where to sit while playing the Nintendo DS. The last one I sort of understand. I said she had to choose to watch TV or play the DS, but I didn't want her to do both at the same time. I know...I'm seriously unreasonably, aren't I? If I were your mother, you'd be crying too.

But to her credit there have also been major highs today. After lunch and the major macaroni meltdown, Brynn did about 9 very speedy and enthusiastic laps around the kitchen table and then some lovely dance moves, which involved laying on the floor and twisting around. When I asked her what she was doing she replied "Why, I'm practicing."

L: "What are you practicing?"

B: "Well my Wii Fit, of course."

Of course. Ah 4...can you say mood swings?

Comments

Get Hooked said…
OH I am so glad that this isn't just my 4 year old. I tell you it happened the day after her birthday. I am completely lost. I wondered what happened to my happy go lucky 3 year old. I want her back. Please tell me it doesn't get worse? PLEASE!?!?!

Popular Posts