Let There be Light...

After three years of living in this house we finally found a new light fixture to hang above our kitchen table. I really hated the old one. In fact, the day we walked through the house the very first time I said "Oh that's going to have to go." The old fixture reminded me of a beauty parlor hair dryer, circa 1953. Made me want to pull up a vynal chair, read gossip maganzines and get my beehive fluffed.

But no more...

One side effect of the new fixture we hadn't really anticipated, mostly because we're stupid, is that it is a lot brighter. A lot. We went from 1 60 watt bulb, actually it might have been 75, I'm not sure. Anyway we went from 1 bulb to 9. We are now sporting an intense 540 watts above the kitchen table. Wow!

Before we went to bed last night, I walked out to the front rooms to turn all the lights out. As I walked down the hall I called out to Chad "Am I dead?"

C: "No that I know of, why?"

L: "Because it's like walking into the light."

Turns out I'm fine, I was just walking into the kitchen.

I'm happy with it. I looks nice, matches much better than the old silver one, and fills up the big kitchen space better. Only downside is that now we'll have to wear sunscreen during dinner.

Comments

Popular Posts