Distracted

I'm really immersed in a writing project at the moment. So immersed in fact that it is almost all I think about. That is good for the project. Really good. Pretty annoying for the rest of my life.

This weekend I unloaded the pots and pans out of the dish drainer straight into the refrigerator. Actually, I didn't even notice, until Chad pointed it out. That's probably the more concerning part.

Today I shampooed my hair at least three times in the shower. Every time I started I had a strange dejavu feeling, like "hmmm I think I've been here before." Finally, on my fourth and final grab for the shampoo bottle I just stopped myself, because I'd been in there 20 minutes and let's be honest there's just not that much to do. (I'm a pretty fast showerer...) If I hadn't shampooed by that point then it just wasn't going to happen, but given the super silky hair I'm sporting today I'm pretty sure I overwashed.

This afternoon I made it halfway to Target before I realized I didn't have my wallet. Bummer. I would have called Chad, and asked him to bring it to me, but my cell phone was dead. (That doesn't have anything to do with my distracted writing state. I never remember to charge my phone.)

I'm always losing my mind a little bit, but it's really getting ridiculous. I need a break from my life so I can write.

Comments

Popular Posts