Fluffy Toast

Occasionally, I buy a loaf of white sandwhich bread. When I do the girls proceed to have something of a toast-fest. This was a white bread week, so they've been eating toast with every meal (and most snacks). Yesterday at breakfast everyone asked for toast, so I took two pieces of bread and popped them in the toaster. Once they were buttered, plated and cut into triangles I set them on the table in front of each of the girls.

Grace gobbled up her toast and Brynn exploded into a million tears.

B: "I wanted it fluffy!"
L: "What's fluffy?"
B: "You know, fluffy, not so crunchy and brown. Just fluffly!!!"
L: "I don't know how to make fluffy toast."
B: "Daddy, does. Make it like Daddy makes it."

Chad hadn't left for work yet, so I sought him out in search of the secret fluffy toast recipie.

C: "Just give her a slice on a plate, untoasted, no butter."
L: "So bread? Fluffy toast is 4 year old code for a piece of bread?"
C: "Yep."

So I went back to the kitchen and swaped her toast for a piecec of "fluffy toast." Tears instantly dried up and she happily snarfed down that bread, all the while saying funny little things like "mmmm, this is the best fluffy toast." and "Mom, you make better fluffy toast than dad." Whatever, you weird little monkey.

Comments

Go you for being able to make "fluffy toast" better than dad! It's a mom thing! Ha ha ha ha.....she is too funny!

Popular Posts