Backyard Camping and Microwave S'mores

This weekend was our ward's annual camp out. The girls really wanted to go, but something about wrapping up a long and stressful week, by taking my tasty little daughters up and making them bear bait was just not that appealing. Chad, being the awesome daddy that he is, decided that since we weren't going on the camp out, he would take the girls camping in the backyard.

He set up the tent, got out the sleeping bags and lanterns and Friday night the three amigos slept out in our bear free backyard. (Chad didn't even make me sleep in the tent. I got to sleep in my bed - he's so sweet to me!)

The disappointment of not going to the mountains was soon replaced by the sheer wonder of having a giant tent in the backyard. Chad left it up all day Saturday and today. They girls have had tons of fun playing in the tent with their animals. They've "napped" out there. They've giggled and squealed - both signs of a good activity.

Chad and I have been out in the backyard tonight cleaning up the tent and all its fixins'. Chad was sweeping the grass out of the tent when I hear him call out "You know girls are using this tent...there's glitter everywhere!"

Despite missing the mountains, I think this was a successful weekend. We even made s'mores in the microwave. Sure they lack that smokey, carcinogenic aftertaste, but they are still sweet and delicious (and the chocolate melts better!)

Comments

Popular Posts