Nothing bundt love...

I'm very into birthdays. I don't think they need to be a big deal. Not a lot of fanfare or fancy gifts, but I think it is the one day a year everyone you know should celebrate that you are alive! You should feel loved and special. You should feel loved and special all the time, but the 24 hour period commemorating your birth should make you want to burst with specialness.

Because he doesn't want me to bake my own cake, Chad buys me an ice cream cake every year for my birthday. It is a fun little tradition, but lately I've been outgrowing my taste for ice cream cake. I'd never fess up to that, of course, he loves me. He loves to buy ice cream cakes. I like what the ice cream cake symbolizes.

My b-day was last Friday and Chad called me on his way home to say he was stopping to pick up my cake. When he came home, he had a cake alright, but it wasn't an ice cream cake...it was a Red Velvet bundt cake from the bakery Nothing Bundt Cakes.

Until about 6 months ago, I'd never had a piece of red velvet cake. In fact all I could think of when someone mentioned it was that scene from Steel Magnolias where they are hacking into the tail end of an armadillo groom's cake. That mental image doesn't exactly make me go "Yummers. I need a piece of that cake." But thanks to a little sample bite at the bakery one day, I decided to try it and um yeah, hello...how had I gone 29 ish (tee hee) years without ever having red velvet cake??

Anyway, let's just say in the months since my first bite of red velvet, I've been a fan. So when Chad walked through the door with a white bakery box I was so excited. It was a thoughtful and lovely surprise. I sure love that boy.

My birthday was filled with spontaneous singing, hugs and kisses, a nice dinner out and red velvet cake - lots of it. Thanks so much to my little fam - I'm positively bursting with specialness!!

Comments

Get Hooked said…
I feel so bad I missed your birthday! Happy Birthday!!! When we lived in Vegas I fell in love with Nothing Bunt Cake. I haven't had one since we moved here. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Nothin' bunt love is right!!!

Popular Posts