Rings, Dogs and Things that Suck

While living in this house, almost 4 years, I have lost my wedding ring twice. I know, I'm usually so responsible, but I've had two grave missteps. The first time it was gone for almost 3 months. I had written it off, cried and then resigned myself to never seeing it again. Then one day it just miraculously showed up, right on the carpet, plain as day in a place we had looked 100 times before.

The second time I lost it it wasn't gone nearly as long, maybe a month. This time I didn't cry, I just sheepishly confessed to Chad that once again I'd proven that nobody is perfect. He wasn't quite as compassionate the second time either. He just rolled his eyes and asked "you didn't suck it up with the vacuum did you?"

"Come on," I retorted. "Give me a little credit. I think I would have noticed if I had sucked my wedding ring up in the vacuum."

Now I seem to have bad luck with vacuums. We've been married 12 years and I'm on my third one. The first two went in for repairs more times than I can count, but so far I thought we had turned a corner on this new one.

Then, a month or so ago, the vacuum started acting really funny. It sounded like it was working really hard. It smelled kind of funny and then it completely lost suction. Not a drop of suction. Not a smidge and suction, as you know, is a very important part of a vacuum's job.

So Chad took it in to be repaired and I thought, "great, the great vacuum curse continues." Well we picked it up yesterday and do you know what was wrong with it. Someone had vacuumed up a small toy dog.

The thing is probably about a cubic inch. It's not huge, but we're not talking a bobby pin here, people. If this thing were laying on the floor you'd see it. Well, you'd probably see it...well, surely you would notice that giant clunking sound the vacuum made as it sucked up the poor little dog....hmmm...ok, next time I lose my wedding ring (not that there's going to be a next time, Chad) I guess I better not be so quick to naysay the idea that I sucked it up with the vacuum. I think I may be the perpetrator that cost that poor dog its life. :)

Comments

Get Hooked said…
It's good to know I'm not the only one hard on vacuums. I'm on my 3rd one in 10 years. I just don't understand how or why!?!?! I'm betting the dog came from vacuuming out the car, and if I'm correct that's Chad's job, right?

P.S. Tell Chad he did amazing today in sacrament meeting. He had the ability to quiet the chapel. That's a hard thing to do.

Popular Posts