Bubble, Bubble, Travelin' Trouble

Written: Friday 8/28, but couldn't post thanks to the total reliability of airport wireless networks. (sarcasm)

I'm in Atlanta for a work meeting. All day long I thought I was in Chicago, but nope turns out this is Atlanta. Go figure. I think at one point on this long journey I knew I was going to Atlanta, but I set out on this trek almost 24 hours ago and things have since become a little fuzzy.

Anyway, I've learned some interesting things today, thought I would share:

A certain airline--I'm not naming any names, but it rhymes with Smelta--anyway, this unnamed airline has decided they will no longer announce flight delays. They will just slowly start changing the time on the board. After an hour of this time rolling you will start to catch on to what's up, but until then it's like a weird sensory deprivation experiment where you feel like time is standing still.

When the pilot says they need a few minutes to take some fuel out of the plane, he really means they need 45 minutes. Apparently they pump the fuel in with a great, big fuel truck, but they siphon it out with drinking straws. It is a much lengthier process. Much. Lengthier.

Is you are chewing cinnamon gum and then put spearmint chapstick on, your brain gets really confused and you will have to spit out your gum.

The red eye is painful and really cold.

On 1 hour and 22 mins of sleep I can totally pull it together for major business meeting, but when I call the airline to see if I can get on an earlier flight and am told they are sold out...I cry.

Comments

Kristen said…
I love reading your blog... It makes me laugh every time!

Popular Posts