Mornings. Ugh.

When I was a kid I had one of those little half tent placards that said "I think I'm allergic to mornings."

There is definitely some truth to that.

I've tried many different strategies, but mornings are just hard for me. If I have to jump straight up and get to work, I can't do it. It's not my laziness, though that may be a contributing factor, it's my head.

I wake up early to try and transition. Take out my mouthpiece, take some Motrin, stretch my neck, sometimes lay on the heating pad, always try to doze again while the Motrin takes the edge off my ever present head discomfort. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Monday, didn't work. Yesterday, fine. Today, I'm in between.

Of course today is also they day the children woke up a little more musical than usual. Brynn started the day off with a rousing little number on her electric piano and has now moved on to her Cinderella music box, which plays the same six chipper bars over and over and over as Cinderella twirls on her tiny tip toes.

5 year olds, music boxes and raging, pounding headaches are a lethal combination. If only I had a BB gun, good old Cindy might not be so chipper anymore.

Comments

Popular Posts