Musings on Foggy Morning.

I should be working right now or curling my hair, but I'm not. I'm procrastinating.

I sit in my soon to be redone living room, enjoying the foggy morning, and thinking how much I still like this chair, even though its showing signs of love.

The chair is going to find a new home downstairs in my office. It'll even match the paint. Joy.

It was hard to send the kids to school this morning. The fog seemed to envelope them and steal them away from me.

Ever seen the movie The Mist? It's based on a a work by Stephen King. The main character? Fog. It's uber-creepy. It's all I could think about when I sent the kids out this morning. Double made me not want to send them.

I like winter. It feels quiet and still.

So here I sit...in my tidy house, enveloped with a thick cloak of fog, a little soft music playing, an apple cider candle glowing on the stove, enjoying the quiet and still of winter. And wishing my kids would come home.

And though they are the antithesis of quiet and still, I still love them.

Comments

scott said…
your blog title is funny on so many levels. ill tell you more about that if you ask me :0

Popular Posts