On Being Van Gogh's mother.

Grace came home from school and asked me if I wanted to see her art. I, of course, said yes, because I'm a big fan of her art. So she ran to her backpack and retrieved this:


L: Grace, is that Van Gogh??

G: Yeah!! You know that guy??

L: Of course and Starry, Starry Night is one of my favorite paintings.

G: You know Starry, Starry Night? Cause that's what this is! But I did this one. With crayons. Do you like it?

L: I love it. It's really beautiful. (And it really, really is. The scanned version doesn't do it justice.)

When Chad got home, she showed him too and he immediately (with no prompting from me) said "Is that Starry, Starry Night?"

Her face lit up with a smile brighter than the all the stars in the sky.

She's quite a good little artist. I'm now on a mission to find her a Van Gogh book, with not too many words. Just pictures of his paintings.

I love Grace. She sees the world in such a lovely way. She finds so many beautiful things, so many colors and details I wouldn't even notice. It's lovely to raise a little Van Gogh.

Comments

Kristen said…
Impressive! I love it when children feel good about an accomplishment. I hope you can find her a great book to keep her talent going!

Popular Posts