If I wait long enough, surely I'll have something to say...

...or so I've been thinking for 4 days now. But alas, nope, not a word. Stinkin' writer's block. Plagues me at the most inconvenient times.

So how about some random thoughts? Always fun to go down that rabbit hole. 
  • Brynn is recovering from her first week of school strep throat. That's right - she made it three whole days without being infected by something. Wahoo!
  • By law, kids are only supposed to miss 10 days of school per year in our great State. How, pray tell, will I keep Brynn healthy enough to miss only 10 days of school this year? I'll be lucky if she doesn't miss 10 days a month.
  • Keflex is a wonder drug. 24 hours on that stuff literally turned Brynn's sickness from night to day. 
  • Do you think any doctor's will let me stockpile Keflex for the Apocalypse? If I tell them the Apocalypse is the reason I need such large quantities will that hurt or help my chances? 
  • Mom and I went to the Parade of Home last night, I was underwhelmed. What happened to all the days when they would build an entire neighborhood and deck those puppies out with heated driveways, theater rooms, indoor sports courts and slides from the 2nd floor to the first?? Crazy amenities no real person could afford. Those were the days when I loved the Parade of Homes. 
  • What? Yes, I've heard about the bad economy and the bursting real estate bubble. Smarty pants. But I was hoping for indoor basketball hoops and I didn't even see one finished basement. Now how will I know what I covet? :)
  • After we saw the houses, we stopped a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for a treat, because an Apple Pie Caramel Apple is the world's singular best creation (even tops Keflex). I was too tired to eat it last night, so it is still sitting here all wrapped up. Is it wrong to eat a caramel apple at 9:48 AM? It is predominately fruit,  that almost makes it breakfast.  
Eureka! I just had an idea for a blog post. See sometimes if you just clear your head of the random junk rolling around in there you can come up with something good...check back tomorrow to see if my idea pans out. 

Comments

amelia said…
perge :)
hey, what template do you have right now? i am so bugged by the new template designs and i'm wondering if i should find one off blogger.
Lisa said…
Amelia,

I don't really know what template it is. Something two column, wide...I can't remember the name. That's super helpful - isn't it?? I switched it before blogger changed that template design thing, because I wanted to start doing my own headers. Do they have anything that's 2 column, with a plain background?

Popular Posts