It's what fun is...

drowned rat
mourning her day cut short
2010 Christensen Family Lagoon day was surprisingly fun. We had enough kids and adults to split into a big ride group, a medium ride group and a little ride group. I was with the medium-ers, because while I don't want to go on anything, I am actually capable. Jen and I discovered, however, that we have outgrown circle rides. One spinning session and I'm sick and dizzy. 

The day was going along great and then a light rain started to fall. Then that light rain started to blow sideways a little. Then the heavens opened and the floods came down. Then Chad and I realized Brandon, Amelia and their three babies were out in the middle of a grassy field all alone. In a torrential downpour. So leaving our kids with grandma and grandpa, safely tucked under the awning of a concession stand, we took off running to try and help them. By the time we got there they had managed to get their three babies and all the bags under a pavilion. Troopers.

We tried to make the most of it, but we were wet and cold and the over 30 crowd was tiiiirrreeedddd. Gone are the days when we can spend 12 hours at a theme park apparently. So we cut the day short and headed home about 7:30 PM. We finished off the day hanging out in Grandma and Grandpa's hot tub. And there are worse ways to wrap up an event.

Last night Jen told me she couldn't wait to see what I would write about all the kids LAYING on the ground and rolling around in the giant rain puddles. It started out as jumping and splashing and the next thing we knew they were LAYING on the ground rolling around like pigs in mud.  To that I say ewwww and I'm trying hard to block it from my memory.



happy to be out of the rain

Comments

Popular Posts