Lion King.

We took the girls to the Capitol Theater to see the Lion King. **Please note in my head I just sounded out the word as Thee-ATE-ER. Om my gosh, I'm turning Utah. Slap me Chad. Quick - you promised you would if it ever happened.

Anyway...

So Lion King. We didn't tell the girls until the afternoon that we were going. Grace was thrilled and didn't even fight me when I asked her to put on nice clothes. Brynn got swept up in the excitment of it all, but she really didn't get it.

B: Are we going to the movies?
L: No.
B: But you said we were going to the theater.
L: The theater theater, not the movie theater. 
B: Are there going to be real lions?
L: No.
B: It's on a stage?
L: Yes.
B: People act out the Lion King?
L: Yes.
B: (in a knowing way) Ooooohhhhh. I don't get it.


And she didn't. She wanted to bring some crayons in case it got too long.

Would it be too long?
Would we be gone long?
Does she have to go?
Is this a grownup thing?

Going through this litany of questions with her, I was starting to think that it, in fact, might be a grown up thing, but we pushed on. And so happy we did. The show was absolutely amazing. It's part musical, part amazing, creative puppet show. My mom said at one point she looked over at Grace, Brynn and I and we were all sitting mouths agape, staring in wide-eyed wonderment. It was so beautiful to look at. The music was inspiring and Rafiki, the baboon (or bamboo, as Brynn calls her) was incredible.

By the end, both girls were pretty wiped out. Grace was literally holding her tired eyes open! When I suggested that Brynn close her eyes and go to sleep, but she fought through it saying "No way! I don't want to miss any of this!"

Chad was both relieved and surprised by the performance. He thought it was going to be like ice capades. :)

Grace, Brynn, Grandma Sharon and Dad
New friends - thanks Grandma PS Brynn is still using her Zazu to peck my face. Gotta love it.

Comments

Popular Posts