NO Dog

Yesterday we were in the car talking about why we don't have a pet. We reminded then that we used to have fish. We had that big aquarium and they used to swim around in our kitchen. That was fun. Yes, they remember, but they don't like fish. Fish are only fun for a while, they tell us, and then they die and get "sucked up" (translation: sucked into the filter, which is really yucky).

So we should get a dog, Brynn says, cause dogs don't get sucked up. I love the logic that follows:

Grace: We can't get a dog 'cause mom's 'llergeic to dogs.
B: Oh yeah, she's 'llergic.
Chad: Plus dogs don't like aquariums.

Made me laugh out loud. I love unexpected randomness.

And for the record, though according to my most recent allergy test, I'm allergic to dogs, I've never had an allergic reaction to a dog. I'm just don't want a dog. I'm not a nature in the house kind of person. Yes, I do have houseplants, but they don't chew on my couch.

Comments

Julie said…
Hilarious! So I am a big DOG lover and it took me 12 years to talk Brady into it. Here's my advice....Dog's are sooooo great for kids and they really do become a big part of the family...however, if you are not a full lover of dogs, or pets...DON'T DO IT! They can be a lot of work! Just tell your kids they can come play with my little weiner dog, Hank whenever they want!
Ha ha.....You guys are hilarious! And for the record, I'm pretty sure that an extreme distaste for certain pets (not them in and of themselves, but living in your house) can justify allergies. At least that's what I'm going on until my kids are smart enough to have me tested (for the dogs, at least).

Popular Posts