It's a new record

I have a freshly mopped kitchen floor.

Now before you go getting all down on yourself (as in how does she manage to work full time from home, take care of two kids by herself and mop her floor) don't. 'Cause how do I manage? I have people. One person, in particular and she's heaven sent. If she didn't show up every Monday morning to mop my floors, they would never get mopped. Never. In fact it quite likely no one in my family would ever be heard from again because we'd be stuck to the goop on our kitchen floor.

Lest you think me too Bourgeois, I do manage to keep my house tidy and I spot mop my floor with a clorox wipe throughout the week. I do all the laundry, the homework, and the bills. I shop, cook, do the dishes 18 times a day...That's right, there are plenty of chores left for me to break a sweat on.

So, back to our story. My angelic cleaning lady left about noon. I made lunch and fed the kids. They kids ate, and as they finished managed to drop the crusts of their sandwiches on the floor. Time from cleaning lady's departure to jellifed-crusts hitting the floor. 24 minutes.

Yes, 24. Sigh.

Comments

Popular Posts