Just in Case

I recently forgot to pick Grace up from school. One time. ONE. And in my defense, I thought it was Thursday, so I was planning to pick her up at 3:30. Trouble was it was actually Friday, so I should have picked her up at 1:30. whoops.

Unfortunately, it didn't help Grace's separation anxiety. She gets really upset if you aren't where you say you'll be at the exact moment you say you will be there. She worries about getting lost or separated from us, so she likes to go over the plan a lot. Where will I be? What time? Am I going to forget? (I used to say no, I'm not going to forget, but now, with a smile, I say "gosh, I hope not." Grace doesn't seem to find that the least bit humorous. I swear, you forget a kid one time and it kills their sense of humor.)

Anyway, on the field trip the other day, concerned that I might have some kind of epic maternal lapse in judgment, Grace turned to me and said "Now remember mom, I'll be the one in the black shirt."

Yeah, I got it.

Comments

Popular Posts