Signs you are growing up

So I have an unpopular opinion on Jane Austen. I don't like her books. Gasp! I know. How can I not like Pride and Prejudice? It's a classic, right?

I don't really know what I don't like about it. I have just never liked the story. I don't think Mr. Darcy really met my teenage ideal for love.

This week, desperate for something to watch (and being fresh out of Dog the Bounty Hunter episodes) I tivo'd Pride and Prejudice. I finished it last night and have a startling confession...I liked it. A lot.

I must say my world stopped spinning on its axis for a moment, since I've long defined myself as a Jane Austen hater. But I really liked it. I thought it was touching and romantic and now, stop the presses, I'm even considering reading it again.

I must really be growing up...first I started eating tomatoes of my own free will and now I like Pride and Prejudice. Stop the insanity.

Comments

Angela said…
That is so cute. It is nice to see that others are like myself. I just got hooked on the Jane hype over the last two years.
Hope you and your family are well.

Popular Posts