Continuing our theme of inspiration...

Lately I've been thinking a lot about continuing to have faith in spite of discouragement. One of Satan's greatest tools is discouragement, isn't it? So easy to feel, so powerful, so hard to get over. I ran across the following as I studied today. Henry B. Eyring's talk to the Young Women in April 2008.

He talks about choices and the choices we must make to follow the Savior. Then he talks a bit about how much Satan wants to pull us down. Then he says:

"Just as you are marked as a target by the enemy of righteousness, you have been protected and watched over by your Heavenly Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. They know you. They know all of the forces and individuals around you. They know what is ahead of you. And so They know which of the choices you make, which of the desires you decide to satisfy, and which of the circumstances around you will make the most difference in keeping you walking in the light. I testify that by the Spirit of Christ and by the Holy Ghost, you may walk confidently in whatever difficulties will come. Because you are so valuable, some of your trials may be severe. You need never be discouraged or afraid. The way through difficulties has always been prepared for you, and you will find it if you exercise faith." (emphasis added)

I could hear those last few lines in my head, as if they were written just for me. There is a plan. They know me. The way ahead is clear to them, I just have to exercise faith if I want to find the way.

I found this very inspiring.

Read the entire text of the talk here.

Comments

amelia said…
love that!
thank you!

Popular Posts