Beaming Ballerina

Brynn started ballet this week. She's been asking me about for months and I finally decided that she would really benefit from something special all her own, so I signed her up.

I took her to buy a leotard, tights and the most darling pair of ballet shoes I've ever seen. She carried her own bag to the car, beaming with pride.

I took her to the first lesson and she went right in, no tears, no "nerms." When I came back to pick her up she was leaping around the room sporting a fancy pair of yellow fairy wings and a silver wand. I wish I could describe the look on her face - she was literally beaming.

Most of the way home, she talked and talked about how wonderful it was. She finally quieted down and in my rear view mirror I could see her gazing out the window. Then she let out this huge sigh and said "Oh mom, I just LOVE ballet. I. Can't. Stop. Thinking. About. It."

Oh I love her.

Comments

Popular Posts