Back off man, I'm a scientist.

Ever since they studied space at school, Brynn has developed quite a thing for planets. And constellations.

You know constellations, right mom? (You stupid, old person...) They are stars in the sky that make pictures. Those are called con...stell..la..tions. (Slow and enunciated so my really old brain can follow along.)

This is usually where I start muttering under my breath things like, I have a Masters degree. That's right a whole Masters degree. I think I can master preschool science, smarty pants.

But maybe she really can put my space knowledge to shame. Next time you see Brynn, ask her what Mars is...(a: the red planet.)

A few weeks ago, I was visiting another ward on Sunday. Apparently the ache of my absence was severe. Chad was trying to console a tearful Brynn, so he thought being funny might help.

C: "It's ok, Brynn. Mom went on a quick trip to Venus. Just quick. To Venus and back."

Chad said she then threw her head back and with a loud, tearful wail said "Oh Dad! Venus is a poisonous planet!!!"

Comments

Popular Posts