Weekend. Decks, stew, Hearts and good advice.

What a lovely weekend. I need three day weekends every week. I'm much more relaxed when I know I don't have to go back to work on Monday.

If you were at my house this weekend...

...You heard the sounds of Chad building a deck. Well, you had to listen really hard because he was building the deck at his parents house, in South Jordan, but still...

...You heard me cheering when I took my sink apart, cleaned out the clogged drain, put it back together and did it all without a plumber's help! That's right. Girls with tools rock.

...You ate the best crockpot beef stew of your life. I may be making that every Sunday from now until infinity. Coming home from church to a delicious hot meal is pretty awesome, but coming home to this one is just to die for.

...You ate a piece of yellow cake with homemade chocolate frosting - or three. Whatever, no one was home to judge you, they were out building a deck.

...You watched a lot of Bones reruns on Netflix.

...You slept in on Saturday and Monday! (If I want to sleep in I must make a choice. Do I want the extra sleep or do I want there to be bread in the house when I wake up? If I sleep in my children can eat an entire loaf of bread for breakfast. Totally a no brainer. I can always buy more bread.)

...You asked Dad to teach you to play Hearts, in hopes of sitting with the grown ups at the family reunion this year. He schooled you, instructionally speaking. (I'm not good yet, but I get the basics and I have potential. I'm not sure if I can be Larsen-ready by August, but I'm going to try. Watch out boys, I'm coming for you.)

...You may have finally found the right color silk for your living room drapes. Cornflower blue is a darn hard color to match.

...You got to take the family to Arctic Circle and get a brown topper (chocolate dipped ice cream cone). Watching the children deconstruct and devour said brown topper was classic. And sticky.

Yes, it was a lovely weekend.

I leave you with this weekend's classic quote. While at Arctic Circle Chad and I were holding hands and laughing about something, Grace looked at us and said...

"Is this like your date? Because you guys should try to get out more."

Comments

Popular Posts