Directionally challenged. Chicago edition.

I'm in Chicago for a 1 day meeting. Flew in this afternoon. Meet tomorrow and fly out tomorrow night. Whew. Those are always long days.

I decided to try riding the train into the city today. That part was pretty uneventful. You just let the train do the work, that's the secret. Then you arrive, get off the train, come out of the station on the right side and go west...eh...west... its was then I realized that I have become heavily dependent on the mountain skyline for my sense of direction.

And I should have listened to my gut, but I turned around and walked a few blocks in the other direction before finally stopping a lovely girl who got my back on track.

I was feeling sticky and a bit frazzled by the time I got to my room, so I called Chad, who told me to get room service. But this hotel is 3 blocks from one of my fav Chicago restaurants, so I studied Google maps (which has street level view - hooray!) and decided to brave it. 

Found it, had a delish dinner and made it back to my room in one piece. It is now 9:30 and I'm feeling pretty whipped. I have lots I could do, but I think I might read my book and go to sleep. After I answer all my stupid email, of course.

Even though the meeting I came in for doesn't start until 10, looks like I won't get to sleep in like I hoped. A 9 AM meeting popped up and then an 8 AM breakfast...so no sleeping in. Just working.

I'm a bit nervous tonight, as I always am before a big face to face meeting. But something tells me sleep will serve me better than another night prepping, so just talked to the girls and now time for a few ZZZs. 6:30 is going to come early.

Comments

Popular Posts