Put another candle on my birthday cake, I am 9 years old today.

Dear Grace,


9 years ago you were tiny baby, with an amazing head of hair. By now you were snuggled in my arms, bright eyed and looking around. Taking in the world. You still don't miss a beat.

It's been a happy 9 years, even though in this exact moment, I'm on your heels to get you into bed (because something about birthdays makes kids cranky - remember that when you are a mom). I'm loving being your mom and watching you grow up. You are a smart, funny, beautiful girl with such passion and excitement for life.

9 years ago I couldn't have predicted what you would be like today and I can scarcely imagine the lovely young woman you are bound to be 9 years from now. But in this moment, my love, you are perfection.

Happy birthday!

Mom

Comments

Popular Posts