11 years!

Today is our 11th wedding anniversary, which means it’s official - Chad and I have now crossed into our second decade together. He asked me if it felt like we had been married a long time and I said, honestly, yes. It feels like a long time, but it’s been fun (ok, not every single minute, by the majority of the time has been fun).

This year we took a pretty low key approach to our anniversary. Last weekend the girls stayed with Chad parents on Friday night, so we went out to dinner with Eric and Emily. We then dragged a protesting Eric to the bowling alley, where he proceeded to wipe up the floor with the rest of us! Not before making a quick pit stop at Target to buy some socks. I had on sandals and was not about to stick my bare feet inside a pair of bowling shoes! We figured buying new socks would be cheaper than using up our gas to drive home and get some. We had fun staying up late and goofing around and then best of all we got to sleep in on Saturday morning!!! Oh heaven. I miss sleeping in!

Earlier this week Chad called me and asked if I wanted to go out on Friday, to which I promptly replied, but we just went out last Friday. We can go on more than one date a year, he says. Ok then, I said, sure. So Chad arranged the babysitter and we went to see the new Batman movie and even I’ll admit is was pretty awesome. I did watch the last 45 min with a napkin held in front of my face, not because it was too gross or scary, just because it was intense and I apparently need some kind of security blanket. :)

I made an anniversary video for Chad, which was fun to put together. I love looking at old pictures. It is currently the favorite movie at our house- I think the girls have watched it an upwards of 20 times. I’ve posted it to the site, if anyone wants to watch it. I must not look too different from when we got married ( I wish I could credit my love of exercise (lol!), but yeah, it’s called hair color and eye cream people), but the girls can’t believe that the guy in the pictures is really daddy! It’s pretty funny.

Girls: Who’s that?
Me: daddy
Girls: No really, who is that?
Me: It’s really Daddy.
Brynn: but he looks so little. ( I think she means young).
Grace: and he has glasses...

Happy Anniversary, Chad! Sure do love you. And for the record - I think 11 years have made you a lot cuter!

Originally posted July 19, 2008

Comments

Unknown said…
Lisa-love the new posts, especially the one about your conversation with Grace about how she doesn't have to worry about who to marry because you will tell her.

Where's the anniversary video? I want to see the "old" Chad. :-)
Lisa said…
hey Hol, Fancy meeting you here. Yes, we're not too sure that in 20 years (or 30 or 40)Grace will be happy she agreed to let me pick her husband! I'll have to see if I can figure out how to repost the anniversary video here. It did turn out pretty cute.

lc

Popular Posts