25 Random Things about me

I've been working on some other writing projects, so I haven't spent much time blogging lately. I know, you have all missed my endless witty banter, but its better if I work on things for which I might actually get paid. If anyone would like to starting slipping me 5 bucks a week, I'll happily blog more :)

Anyway, I did participate in the Facebook 25 things tag and I wanted to capture it here. So here goes:

I've had a lot of fun reading everyone else's posts, but I normally hate these things... the public sharing you know, so live it up people...this is rare glimpse inside the quirks that are me...

1. I own 38 pairs of shoes and I keep them all in their original boxes. When I take a pair off I wrap it up just like it came to keep them nice. And yes Chad, I wear them all. I need them all and of course I need more. I used to buy shoes that were timeless and could be worn with anything. I'm over that. I'm now going for cute and only good for one outfit. It's lots more fun. :)

2. I love the the TV show COPS.

3. If I had to choose, I'd rather be cold than hot. I hate, hate, hate to be hot. Living in the desert not the most brilliant decision.

4. There are two jobs I refuse to do - take out the trash and bathe the kids. Arbitrary I know, but once I do them I'm going to have to keep doing them, so I refuse to start.

5. I'm scared of bears. Really scared.

6. I have a thing about the covers on the bed. They have to be perfect. No wrinkles, equal amounts hanging over my side and Chad's side. Quilt folded perfectly and laid across the foot of the bed. I can't go to sleep if the covers aren't perfect. If I didn't make my bed that day I have to make at least my side before I can get in at night.

7. I can't go to sleep at night unless I watch TV for a few mins.

8. Chad taught me how to drive a stick shift and it was one of the most empowering things I ever learned to do.

9. I speak Japanese. I used to speak pretty well, but I've lost most of it. I still know enough to ask for directions and know when my brothers are mocking me.

10. I'm a serious homebody. I like to travel, but when we are in town it takes a lot of drag me out of the house.

11. I love the beach. I can sit in the sand for hours and let the waves was over my feet. I love the sound of the waves. I love the smell of salt water. My dream is to own a little beach house where I can sit on the shore all day and write.

12. I really like being tall, though finding pants is a real pain.

13. It is really, really hard to surprise me. I pick up on stuff going on around me and can figure out what's up. Surprise 16th birthday party - bad news mom and dad - knew about it. But loved it and it is one of my favorite teenage memories.

14. It takes me a long time to make friends, but once I do they are my friend for life.

15. I like thinking and learning new things. I like to figure things out, think about things, pick things apart, put them back together, solve problems. I like things that require a lot of thought to figure out.

16. I'm surprisingly handy. I once took the kitchen sink apart, cleaned out the clogged pipe and put it all back together while Chad was out of town. I was pretty impressed with myself.

17. People in movie theaters bug the living daylights out of me. Talking, chewing, kicking the back of my chair, laughing at strange and inappropriate points in the movie, pushing buttons on their cell phones. Really people...shut up.

18. When I'm finished eating, I usually fold my napkin and lay it over my plate, so I don't have to look at my food anymore. Or as my family says you know I'm done with my meal when I "bury it."

19. When I lived in Japan I used to act professionally. I was in several English language teaching videos and made a few appearances on radio programs. Yes, I can act. What? I don't seem dramatic to you? :)

20. My number one professional goal is to write a book and have it published.

21. I love In 'N Out burgers. It is my favorite thing. I actually plan vacations around access to an In 'N Out burger. I hope they never build one of these restaurants close to my house or I will literally eat one every day.

22. I make a mean apple pie.

23. I read Little House on the Prairie - The Long Winter at least once a year.

24. I have an extremely sensitive sense of smell. I'm like a canary in a coal mine. If there is something stinky in the house, I'll smell it before anyone else can be affected. It's a blessing and a curse.

25. I love my girls. Love them. Adore them, Never knew how much room I had in my heart to care about other people until I met those two little monkeys. They are totally offended to be called monkeys, BTW. It is the biggest insult in our house to call someone a monkey. So being a bit if a button pusher I call them monkeys just to mess with them. :)

And that's the game... :)

Comments

Popular Posts