Alright, already...oh and 24 stinks

So I've had a surprising number of comments lately about my lack of blogging. I didn't realize anyone was really even reading, so to all of you who've been waiting with baited breath for an update, I say in the words of Buzz Lightyear...

"You are a sad strange little man and you have my pity." :)

So what's up with us?

Chad lost his debit card. That's been a real hassle.

The TV in the basement has a little line on the screen, which I guess is burned out pixels. The worker is coming tomorrow to take a look, though what he'll be able to do I don't really know.

I'm storyboarding The Glass Menagerie this week. It's been very hectic, but surprisingly fun.

Grace got a 93% on her spelling test. Go Grace!

We managed to get our Valentines ready and it isn't even 9 PM the night before Valentine's day. Somewhere the devil is picking icicles off his pitch fork. :)

I moved the girls back into seperate bedrooms and my sanity has been restored. They are no longer yelling at each other every night for breathing too loud.

I've managed to keep the house cleaned since the cleaning lady was here on Monday. I know this doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment, it being only Wednesday and all, but it is, so zip it.

And last but not least, I try not to blog work or pop cultury kind of stuff, because I don't think I'll care much about those things in 30 years, but I've been watching 24 and COME ON! It is so completly stupid. They buried FBI girl alive not 2 hours ago and now she's walking around with only a band-aid on her neck to show for her ordeal. And the perfect hair. I can't lay down in my bed without mussing my hair. I can't imagine how crappy it would look if I got buried alive.

This week Jack and back-from-being-buried-FBI girl managed to find the President's abducted-by-African-terrorists-husband in under 45 mins. Please. I can't even get to the grocery store and get home again in 45 mins, let alone drive around in DC traffic, meet with my doubting Thomas, straight-laced FBI secret boyfried, torture a terrorized mother, kill a guy and then bust in and shoot 5 African terrorits in 45 mins.

My favorite line of the week FBI girl calls doubting Thomas FBI guy and he's shocked. What?!?! She's supposed to be dead! But no, she's alive! In response to this shocking revelation he says "How could you keep it from me all this time?"

I was really hoping she'd just say "Get over yourself Larry. It's only been an hour and a half." But I think she said something warm and supportive, which was disapointing.

It's too much. I'm officially going to stop watching. Unless, however, there is a big demand for a blogger who will pick the total idiocy apart minute by minute and write about it. I'm totally up for that.

Comments

Get Hooked said…
Loved the re-cap of 24. You hit it right on. Dave has been a die hard 24 fan since the first season... So I'm stuck watching it. So jealous that you can give it up.
Hee hee....I promise to not let Jason read this post so that he doesn't come and haunt you at night. He's obsessed with it. It is the only show ever we have watched dedicatedly. Gotta love how much is "accomplished" in each episode and how every time they've found the "last" person who would know anything, they are killed within seconds of revealing it all and how Jack always has to break all the rules for the good of the country. But really, what show is realistic? Not even reality shows are realistic. I just like how excited my cute hubby gets over it which makes it fun! You're hysterical!

Popular Posts