Rules

Grace brought home a paper from centers in school this week. As far as I can tell the assignment was to write down your family's rules. So here are our rules, according to Grace, the sensitive, 7 year old, wonderkid.

1. Be nice.

2. Don't be greedy.

3. Make my bed.

4. Never talk to strangers.

5. Never pick up a gun.

6. Be safe.

7. Stay with your mom and dad.

8. Never play with a gun.

9. Never read or watch scary books or movies.

10. Never play with drugs.

11. Love your brother and sister.

Well, interesting list. I love that the gun thing appeared on there twice. We have had one conversation about guns. I don't even remember why we had that talk, but I remember saying how you never, ever, ever touch a gun. Never pick it up, never hold it. If a kid you know says "hey want to look at my dad's gun you should run out of their house." I wish I could remember what was on my mind that day. Whatever it was apparently it made an impression, because we haven't talked about it since and yet it warranted 2 entries.

I am apparently a little concerned with the safety of my children, but if the worst they remember about me is that I'm obsessively overprotective, well I guess I can live with that.

Comments

Popular Posts