Never shop hungry, never blog blah...

You know how they say you should never go to the grocery store when you are hungry? If you do you end up with all sorts of wonderful, er, um, I mean ghastly things in your cart like pringles, powdered donettes and dove bars. (No, I'm not speaking from experience. I only eat sublimely healthy things like granola and broccoli. Ok, I'm a terrible liar. I so love a good donette.)

Anyway blogging when you are feeling blah is sort of like shopping when you are hungry. You are bound to end up saying things that in your later, happier condition you regret. Too bad. I'm blah and I'm blogging. I like to live dangerously.

What a week. Stressful. I like weeks where you are just happy. You feel happy. Happy things happen. Life is good. I hate weeks where you have to choose to be happy. Choosing is hard. I don't want to choose. I want to coast. Coast I tell ya!

I did not coast this week. I chose. I was good until today and then I stopped choosing. Now I'm blah, really blah. Can you still have post-partum depression when your youngest child is 4 years old? I think you can. :) Ok, so I'm blah, but I'm still funny.

So let's talk good things that happened today.
  • I got dressed (not an everyday occurrence during the blah weeks, unfortunately) and I wore cute clothes and shoes. It's all about the shoes I tell ya.
  • I made myself a BLT with avocado for dinner and it was delish! I think warm weather might be coming because I ate a tomato tonight that didn't taste like squishy cardboard.
  • I read my scriptures.
  • I took Brynn out for a pizza lunch and watched her sitting across the table from me. She was coloring and just chatting my ear off. She had her hair up in a ponytail, but had those loose flowy, curls hanging down by the sides of her face. She looked like she was about 15 and it made me excited and sad at the same time.
  • I played with my baby niece tonight and for the first time ever she didn't cry when she saw me.
  • I watched Brynn "babysit" her little cousin. They walked hand in hand all over grandma's house. Brynn is lovely to watch. She is a soul full of love.
  • Grace cuddled up on my lap tonight and put her face in my neck. I heard her muffled, sweet little voice say "Do you know why I love you, mom? Cause I just love you."
Ok, I feel better. See lots of good things happen to me in a day. I just have to say them out loud or sometimes they are easy to overlook. I'm going to bed now, before the blahs creep back up on me in.

Comments

Popular Posts