Happy Monday

I think I saw the sun for about 4 minutes today. That's an improvement I guess. I think I might go to Lowe's and stand in the lamp aisle. I need sun!!

Anyway, what a Monday. Everyone was home sick today - colds they claimed, but they all seem miraculously healed tonight, so I have my doubts about the veracity of their respective illnesses. Everyone gets a faking sick day once in a while I guess, but tomorrow it is back to the grind people.

After 6 hours of meetings, making a tight deadline, paying the bills, calling the bank to see why they mysteriously cancelled my debit card and just generally taking care of a bunch of crap I tried to steal away 5 mins to catch up on some very important blog reading. So here I am, hunched over my laptop because 10+ hours at the computer ain't so good on the old posture, when Chad walks in and starts saying things like "So, what do you want to do for dinner?"

I peered up, or perhaps leered up, at him from the laptop screen and I was getting ready to say "seriously, can a person get 5 mins? Go away. I need space. I need to carefully analyze the latest LOST commentary. I've been working since 7 AM. I'm cranky. I've dealt with more stupidity today than I knew existed in the world..." But my eyes must have said it all because before I could so much as utter a syllable he smiled and said "all you have to say is I love you Chad, but kiss off."

I do love him. He gets me. He kissed off. I finished my important LOST reading and now I'm feeling like fajitas it is. :)

Comments

Popular Posts