Button Heads

Helping Grace finish her homework last night was, shall we say, unpleasant. Finally I just got up from the table and let Chad try, because the other alternatives were banging my head on the kitchen table until I passed out or reaching across and strangling Grace. I think I choose the better option, don't you?

Chad laughed and said "Wow, in 10 years there's going to be some real buttin' heads around here."
Grace: "What are button heads?"
L: (try to picture me totally deadpan - it makes it funnier)"Oh, some people have a flap in their head and they have to keep in closed with a button."
C: "Right, or their brains fall out." (Love that boy. He doesn't miss a beat. He gets me. We have a schtick.)
G: "What are you guys talking about? People don't have flaps in their heads. Really, what's a button head?"
L: "Don't worry, my love. You'll find out!"

By this time we were laughing and I felt my homework induced rage subsiding. Thank goodness for humor. It's kept me from popping my kids on more than one occasion. No joke :)

Comments

I love that Chad plays right along with you! Your girls are going to be a riot growing up....they've already got a good start. Sounds like they've also already figured out not to take seriously everything you say. Hee hee....too funny!

Popular Posts