Sometimes you just gotta limbo

My new post nanny-life involves mostly working at the kitchen table. I haven't worked in my office for weeks. I kind of miss it...it sure was quiet in there. Anyway, I was working away at the table this morning and Brynn came in and showed me how she is practicing standing on her head and several other creative, gymnastic inspired movements. Then she asks me if I will come hold a string for her while she walks under it "like this" and she proceeds to do this odd, contorted looking back bend.

L: "You mean limbo?"
B: "Yeah! Limbo. I really need to do a limbo."
L: "We'll do a couple of limbos before you lay down for a nap."

That placated her and before her nap she said "Ok, let's limbo." So we tied one end of the string to her dresser handle and I held the other and she did a few limbo passes. When she was done she said "That was good! Now I can sleep."

Seriously, where do they get this weirdness from? Because it certainly isn't me. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts