Hush Little Ducky.

10 or 11 years ago (I can't quite remember now) we went on the first Christensen family vacation to Sun Valley. We had a lot of fun on that trip, but the best part of the whole vacation was the family of ducks who visited us several times a day. A momma and her babies waddled into my memory and I've loved ducks ever since.

I've never given much thought to how ducks sleep. I mean, I'm sure they do, but I've just never thought about it. The other night I saw 6 ducks floating in the pond. Floating and what struck me was that I've never seen ducks hold perfectly still before. These ducks were not moving a muscle. They weren't swimming, their feet weren't moving to help them hold their position in the water, they were literally just floating around the pond.

It was just weird.

When I snapped a quick pic Chad said " That's just going to look like ducks floating in dark water."

"Perfect," I said, "That's exactly what it is."

I'm not sure if they were really asleep, but they were definitely chillin'. So my love affair with ducks continue and I'm inspired by their ability to relax.

Comments

Popular Posts