Weekend Review: Witches, Angels and Saints

We got a lot done this weekend. Alas, not the garage. My archenemy the garage bests me again. I say we burn it down and start again, but Chad seems to think burning down the garage would be detrimental to the house. Whatever...there is always next weekend.

We did have fun though...

Friday we went to Gardner Village to the witches. This a fav fall activity for my children. Pulling in, we were amazed at how crowded it was. So we parked way out in the hay field, trekked in and were greeted by 8000 witch hats. Really, an endless sea of pointy black chapeaus. It was so startling to see we literally stopped in our tracks. I whispered to Chad "I feel like we've stepped into some kind of alternate reality." Turns out it is witch's night out. Hundreds, upon hundreds of grown women dressed like witches, dancing, laughing, shopping, eating. It was quite a sight.

We had fun though. Brynn insisted I take her picture with each and every witch. The have their favorites that the look for year after year. We normally wrap this activity with a treat from the Naborhood Bakery, but since the line was out the door, we made a pit stop at Chevron on the way home and let everyone pick out a candy.




















Saturday, Chad and I went to a charity dinner for Angel's Hands, a local organization that provides support to the families of children with rare diseases. Chad's clients, Mark and Roxanne Kristensen started the foundation to honor their son. I was excited to go, but after seeing them, hearing from families about the kind of help they receive from Angel's Hands, I really get it. They do amazing work and make a big difference in the lives of families who would otherwise have to struggle with little help and support. I'm looking forward to next year's dinner.

Sunday we headed downtown for our Regional conference at the Conference center. It was a lovely day and a neat experience to be able to take our small children to see the prophet speak. They were appropriately awed by the conference center and did a great job sitting through the 2 hour meeting. They actually complained more on the walk back to the car than they did during the meeting. It was an uplifting event and I felt really lucky to be there with my children. As we were walking out Grace said: "Well that was nice. A little long, but nice."



PS. I officially give up trying to get everyone to make a nice face in the same picture, at the same time. Can't. Be. Done.

Comments

Popular Posts