It sure is quiet around here.

Grace is at school. Off in last year's snow gear, which is a tad too short in every direction. Thrilled by the possibility of snow.

Chad is at work. Zoomed off in the wee hours to make a meeting. Fed the kids breakfast before he left. Love him.

Brynn is nesting under the kitchen table, playing, singing and "babysitting" my mom's dog. This massive responsibility on her shoulders prevents her from coming downstairs.

So I'm down here in my office, all alone, working away and watching the first little flecks of winter snow fall through the grate and into the window well. And I'm thinking about the one million phone calls I need to make...

But I can't. Because I have no voice. None.

If I push really hard I can get one out of every 8 syllables to burst out of my sore vocal cords. But every such croak hurts. So I whisper and even that sounds funny.

So I sit, working, watching, not talking.

Oh wait, here comes Brynn worried it is not snowing fast enough to go out and play in. (Oh how I wish for a 4 year old's problems.) I've whispered her a little solace and there she goes, off to stand at the back door and will it to snow faster. Never know, might work. The sheer force of that kid's will is pretty amazing.

Comments

Popular Posts