This is only a test...

...If this had been an actual emergency, you wouldn't be so annoyed.

Yes, sure. I see your point. I did wait until the middle of the night to tell you my battery was low. But look at is this way, if my simple low battery beep wakes you up, then when I actually go off in response to a fire you are sure to hear me!

I know, I know. I did see your bleary-eyed husband wandering the house, in the dark, in his underwear trying to figure out which of the many smoke alarms was having the battery problem. That was a bit sneaky of me, but give me a little credit. The once a year battery replace is the only fun I ever get, since you won't let the children play with matches.

Look at it this way, all I need is a new battery and you can go back to your lives. 9 volt, please. They're my fav.

Love,
Your Smoke Alarm

P.S. May want to buy a few extra batteries, I have brothers and sisters all over your house and you know how jealous siblings can be. Once they see me get a new battery, they are all going to want one.

Comments

Brynn said…
Why, oh why do they only beep at night? I hope you had a battery on hand.
Ummmmm.....are we living the same life. That was SOOO my night last night. Lovely

Popular Posts