Wardrobe Choices

Many years ago, when I was working my first job out of college, I was in the office one day and my boss asked me when I switched from my summer wardrobe to my winter wardrobe. In response I laughed and replied "this is my winter wardrobe."

I remember that story every year as I start to get everyone outfitted for the cold weather.

I've started my fall/winter shopping for the children. What a process. 4 ish/5 ish must be the age where Grace started wearing out her clothes before she outgrew them, because we are starting to run out of hand me downs.

Bummer.

So that means everyone is getting new clothes this season. We are now just over a week in to Operation-Find-A-Pair-of-Pants-that-aren't-highwaters and so far the count is Grace 2 pairs, Brynn 0 pairs!

Zero, so far I can not find a pair of pants that are both long enough and have enough cinch in the waist to actually hold them up. Pants that fit Brynn properly are like our great white whale. (You know, Moby Dick? Aren't my posts just rich with allusion?) We've heard they are out there, but we might spend our whole lives looking!

BTW, am I totally an ogre? Every time I've been in Old Navy in the last year. Every time, without fail, and I know because I pay attention to such nonsensical details, every time someone in the store approaches me and tells me I can find all their styles online in tall. "So everything you wear won't be so short in the arms."

If I'd heard this information one time, well ok, then I might think how helpful it is. But after I've gotten the short in the arms speech independently from 20 different employees...well I'm starting to grow self concious about the orangutan like nature of my arms.

So me and my freakishly long arms will continue on the hunt for a pair of pants for poor Brynn. In the meantime, she'll continue to wear last year's now ankle pants and I'll buy her longer socks. :)

Comments

scott said…
so that's how you spell ogre huh?! wow!
Lisa said…
oh, you got me all nervous and I had to look it up in the dictionary, but yes ogre.

And just for kicks...

Definition: A man-eating giant. A cruel or terrible person. (I would add with freakishly long arms.) :) Yeah, that sounds like me.

Popular Posts