Oregon Trip, Day 1: Way to Go, Idaho!

I'm pretty proud of us. We made it through Cub-O-Ree, packed the car, saw my mom and dad, stopped for lunch and were still on the road by 2:30 PM. Snap, we rock. Literally I just tried to keep moving. I knew if I laid down I would pass out, so I just kept working, moving, walking until we hit were on the freeway.

Day 1 consisted of a 6ish hour drive to Boise, ID. We chanted that classic line from Toy Story most of the day.."Way to go, Idaho!" Or as Brynn says "Idaho, I don't know!" That drive is not terrible, but I was feeling bad. Bad headache and I had travel narcolepsy. Chad had to drive all day because I could only stay awake in 15 minute intervals. The best thing I can say about this drive was that I saw several interesting road signs:

3. "Report a Wildfire, Cellular #FIRE." I like it. Short, easy to remember, but sort of sad. Sad that wildfires are so prevalent they had to have signs made.

The signs get more uplifting from here. Promise.

2. "All watercraft must stop." That's right there will be no driving boats down the interstate in ID. None. They. must. stop.

And my number 1 Idaho road sign from day 1:

1. "No invasive species may be transported." That's right, if you are driving an alien over the border, kick his little green butt to the curb. If they want Idaho, aliens are going to have to take it the old fashioned way - on foot!!

We got into town pretty late. Drove in a very circuitous fashion trying to find our hotel. Thank you Google Maps. We took the kids out for Teppanyaki, as it was the only thing near our hotel. We were in very weird part of town. Thank you Priceline. Brynn was tired at dinner and begged to go home, but Grace was pretty into it. I think we may need to take her to Teppanyakiing again when we get home. I was proud of her for trying so many new things.

Day 1 ended with everyone slipping into an Idaho-induced coma about 10 PM.

P.S. Forgot my camera cord again, so no pics while on the trip. Unless I find a Best Buy and buy a new camera cord. Ugh, too much to think about. Bo pics posted while on the trip.

Day 1 Mental picture. Think little blue van, passed out mommy and scenery that looks like Utah, but with more potatoes :)

Comments

Popular Posts