2009 - A Year in Review

January
  • Home from VA after a long holiday trip, greeted with massive car trouble. Both cars.
  • Ben and Anna's Wedding! Ah, love.
  • Grace's first snowboarding lessons. How good is she? Duck. Water. Need I say more?
Airplane Rides = 1





February
  • Draper Temple Open House, but otherwise a dark, wintery depressing blur
  • Work
  • Pray for Sun
  • Take no pictures
Airplane rides = 0

March
  • Judging by the tone of my early March posts and my complete lack of pics in my 2009 picture archive, I'm still depressed in March
  • A box of sunshine arrives
  • 1st computer crash of '09, new back up system
Airplane rides = 0

April
  • To DC for National Cherry Blossom Festival
  • Wicked!!
  • All Christensens descend on the motherland for Easter
  • Grandma C hosts a color coded Easter Egg hunt ensuring both fun and total equity
  • Birds move into my favorite wreath and with a little encouragement move right back out
  • Grace and Dad take a field trip that involves creepy crawly things
  • Baby Devin is born!
Airplane rides = 2




May
  • Brynn's Preschool Daddy Day
  • Head to California to help with baby Devin
  • Chad and I volunteer at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple
Airplane Rides = 2

June
  • VACATION!! Williamsburg, Jamestown and Nags Head
  • Brynn misses her Hawaiian Day and year end school program and she's ticked. Sorry, girl. I already have this year's on my calendar
  • Chicago Trip with Chad. No children + Ritz-Carlton = heaven.
  • Poured new concrete patio and walkway, good bye hip high weeds on the side of the house!
  • Left a FT job to resume my consulting lifestyle, so I was taking crazy pills apparently
  • Grace turns 8 and finishes 2nd grade
  • Scott, Ash and Devin come for a visit, Devin continues to be the cutest baby on the planet
Airplane rides = 6
**I don't care what those Delta people say JFK is not on the way to SLC from North Carolina. Not.


July
  • Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house
  • To Chicago for a kick-off meeting, different hotel as in not the Ritz, but nice
  • Camping with the Brammers, fun, they'll probably sucker me into it again in '10
  • Grace starts activity days and orthodontics, one is really fun and one is not as fun as she thought it would be
  • Barrus Family Reunion in the park, lots of Barrus people, lots
  • Grace starts 3rd grade, 3 week summer vacation, boo!
Airplane rides = 0

August
  • Grace's baptism, highlight of my life
  • Chad turns 35
  • Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication
  • Chad and girls camp in the backyard instead of the bear infested ward camp out
  • To Atlanta for a course pilot, thought I was in Chicago, sad
  • Put the house up for sale, spent the month house hunting, got one lowball offer that including us giving them our furniture, can you say no thanks?
  • Brynn starts 4 year old preschool
  • Lisa turns 32
Airplane rides = 2

September
  • Cub-O-Ree success. Can you say catapults are awesome?
  • First family trip to Lagoon
  • Lisa to Chicago and San Fransisco for work meetings
  • Spent 4 fun filled hours with Scott, Ashely and Devin
  • Played hooky and had a midweek movie day with the girls
  • Grace starts karate and Brynn starts ballet
Airplane rides = 4
October
  • Took the house off the market. Dang you eternal plan for the good of our family. I really wanted a double oven.
  • Halloween and all its festivities
  • Chad goes to DC and drives my parents moving truck back to UT. Makes it back in a scant 3 days. He's TIRED when he gets home.
Airplane rides = 1



November
  • Naomi visits from Japan
  • Disney on Ice
  • I take 2 weeks off from work and I feel better! I worked literally non-stop from June to November. Very long hours, lots of traveling. I was cranky, but no one is allowed to confirm that.
  • Primary program, which includes Brynn's first speaking part
  • Grace passes her Yellow Belt test in karate
  • Brynn turns 5
  • Grandpa Tim visits and I cook the best Thanksgiving meal of my life
Airplane rides = 0
December
  • Grace takes another round of snowboarding lessons. She continues to be awesome.
  • Brynn dances her heart out, despite her terror at the Festival of Trees. She's most proud of her fancy curtsy at the end.
  • Scott and Ashley come to visit, they are fun, but Devin is the highlight
  • Celebrate Christmas with the whole Larsen clan
Airplane rides = 0

Total 2009 airplane rides = 20!! Can you say frequent flier miles and a 2010 vacation with no kids?? I can! :)

2009 was a great year. A stressful year. A year of big decision and lots of laughter. I love you little fam. I'm excited to see what 2010 brings, so until then...it's a wrap!

Comments

Perfect! Here's to a less stressful 2010.

Popular Posts