Update on Le Scrooge

You've been anxiously perched at your computers waiting for an update on my scrooginess, right? I know you have. Just admit it. I feel your genuine concern oozing through my screen.

Well, even if you don't want to admit it. I know it is true. And thank you.

So today I had three sugar cookies for breakfast. Not quite the breakfast of champions, but probably the breakfast of elves. I also managed to sneak in my room for a few minutes and lock the door and viola! I got several presents and tagged. Boy are they shiny.

Something about the combination of shiny and sugar has made a big crack in my anti-Christmas fog.

Last night mom and I attended a concert of Handel's Messiah and boy was it amazing. Amazing. I could have sat and listened to the soprano soloist all night long. So made those arias seem totally effortless. It was amazing. Have I mentioned I found the performance amazing? Ah redundancy why do you plague me??

Anyway, the concert was a lovely reminder that Christmas is really about the birth of Christ. The Savior. The Prince of Peace. I haven't been paying nearly enough attention to that.

So a big injection of Spirit, a little sugar and some shiny packages and I'm feeling much better.

Comments

bro said…
"Darkness is cheap, and Scrooge liked it."

see you in a few days sis

Popular Posts