What a coincidence.

Brynn climbed into our bed this morning and snuggled up to me.

"When is my 6 birthday?" She asked sweetly. (Note: she doesn't say her 6th birthday, she says her 6 birthday.)

"Your birthday isn't for another year."

"Yes, I know, but what day is my birthday?"

"November 22."

Wide eyed astonishment spread across her tiny face. "Really?? 'Cause that is the same day it was this year!"

We laughed, which always kind of irks her a little. "Right, your birthday is on the same day every year."

"What?" She was confused.

"Do you know why we have your birthday?" Chad asked. "Because that is the day you were born."

Brynn wrinkled up her little brow and thought for a long moment before rolling those big blue eyes and throwing her hands up in the air and exclaiming "Oooooohhhhhhh! I get it!"

It always amazes me what you have to explain to little kids.

Comments

Popular Posts