A Snowy Picnic...

Have I mentioned I'm scroogy? Yes, so far my scrooginess doesn't seem to be abating. Oh well. I think it is due in large part to the fact that I feel like crap. Crap. There I said it.

It'll pass. And soon I hope, but in the meantime. Crap.

But there are still pretty moments. Peaceful moments. Moments to capture.

Yesterday, the girls were out playing in the snow. Bright colored hats bobbed up and down happily in the ankle high snow. Pink and purple coats wrapped up those tiny bodies as they frolicked. I haven't seen a lot of frolicking in my day, but yesterday there was definitely frolicking going on. It was white, fluffy, happy fun.

They'd barely been out there 10 mins when lunch was ready. Bad timing on my part.

Partly because they were frolicking, and partly because I didn't want to undress and then redress them, I suggested they eat their lunch outside. So there they sat on the back step -- a bright purple head and a bright pink head with a fluffy white furball on top, sun gleaming off the crisp snow, warm steam rising up from their bowls of homemade mac and cheese -- and they looked so beautiful.

Engaged in some deep conversation, they talked and laughed and discussed, with a great deal of seriousness, the snow fort they were building. They polished off two bowls each ('cause my homemade mac and cheese is yummers). When they were done they passed their bowls back into the kitchen and bounded back out into the snow.

Frolicking resumed. Life was good.

Did I get a picture? Of course not. Camera was out of batteries. Life is good, but let's face it...it's real.

Never fear -- I stared at them long and hard to burn the moment into my brain. Two bright, happy little critters perched on my back step having a snowy picnic and when I get to heaven, I'm sure the angels will have pictures.

Comments

scott said…
wait, wait... angels have cameras?!?! CRAP
Kristen said…
I love this post! I could picture the moment in my head. What a great writer you are! Thanks for sharing!

Popular Posts