Somthing Fun.

Yesterday the girls begged to go to "something fun." They were specific. Not in our house and not shopping. Something. Fun.

So after a little family pow wow where we discussed several possibilities, we decided to go bowling. And bowl we did. 2 games.

This was Grace's first time to bowl without the helper thingy you set your ball on and roll it down. All in all, she did pretty well. She doesn't like to lose, but we kept reminding her this was her first time bowling like a grown up, so she was learning. She handled her ultimate defeat gracefully.

Brynn, using the helper thingy, played well and even got a strike. She was pretty funny insisting on putting her fingers in the holes and then rolling the ball down the little track. Closing her eyes, running back and forth to see her score, jumping around. "Am I winning? I think I'm winning."

Chad bowled like Chad does everything, awesome. He doesn't have to try very hard to be really awesome. Don't you just hate people like that?

As payback for him kicking my trash, I'm going to give you Chad's secrets for bowling: use the heaviest ball you can and throw it as hard as you can. Well, duh. He's forever asking me if that's as hard as I can throw it. Yes, love that's as hard as my bird arms can throw it and even so I think I'm developing a repetitive stress injury.

Me? Oh, well I just bowl to build the self esteem of others and to give the gutters something to do. I should use the bumpers, but I'm a grown woman. It's too humiliating. I did switch to a lighter ball about half way through the second game and suddenly I was doing a whole lot better. So Chad's whole heavy strategy is for the birds.

Ah, I feel a movie quote coming on...

"A swallow carrying a coconut?"

"It could grip it by the husk."

"It's not a question of where he grips it! A 5 ounce bird cannot carry a one pound coconut!"

Whew, I feel better. My vast knowledge of useless facts, combined with my other talents make my bad bowling abilities seem less important. :)

So have a happy day and be sure to "do something fun."

Comments

Popular Posts