Alliteration

This week's letter is C.

C is for Concrete. The concrete men finally showed up after 2 months of rain and managed to get all our new concrete poured. We now have a lovely walkway in the front, concrete down the side of the house and a big new patio. It is lovely. I'm so happy, though I do miss the hip-high weeds on the side of the house. NOT!

C is for crashing computers. "Oh no!" you say. "Oh yes," I say. My iMac crashed--again. How am I blogging you ask? I have a plethora of computers. :) I take it in this afternoon. I think they are going to have to replace the hard drive, which is a bummer, but what a blessing the last crash was. Now I'm confident that I have all my important stuff (works, taxes, pics, manuscripts, etc) backed up. That means this time I don't have to cry and lament, having the computer crash is just inconvenient.

C is for Chicago. Tomorrow, Chad and I are sneaking off for 3 days in Chicago. Chad has to attend several meetings and I'm going along for fun. I have to work, but I'd have to work if I was home. When I weighed my options, I decided I'd be much more productive working at the 4 seasons. :) I'll post about the trip (maybe while I'm on the trip, maybe when I return).

C is for Courage. I'm preparing a talk on Courage. Very interesting subject to think about. I feel like I'm getting interesting new insights into some scripture stories I thought I was very familiar with, Perhaps I'll post a few ruminations when I get the whole thing pulled together. That was mean, huh? I posted the hook and then I didn't deliver the goods. Sorry...not ready to share. It is just a C I'm thinking about this week. Gotta stick with the theme.

C is for Candy. Nothing specific here. Just have a sweet tooth. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh how I love Chicago!!!

Popular Posts