Service Surprise

Two days before we left I blogged about my very hectic last day of getting ready. The day was actually going well. I cruised along with my work, finished up the laundry and had a little bit packed. About 3:00 PM, someone at work sent me a file and asked if I would wrap it up before I left on my trip. When I popped it open, it looked like at least 3 hours of work. So I had a mild moment of panic, called Chad, only to hear him say he was swamped wrapping up and would probably be later than usual.

I hung up the phone and it rang again 30 seconds later. A sweet voice on the other end of the line said. "Hey, I read your blog and you sound pretty busy today. Can I take your kids?"

In one long breath, I replied "Oh no, I'm fine, really, I have both of them today, really, actually that would be great, ok sure, thank you, I'll walk them up."

That has never happened to me before. No one has ever called and specifically offered to help me. I don't know why I said yes, normally I would say no, but for some reason this time I said yes. In just two hours I got so much accomplished. I was so grateful for the help. Thanks, friend, for lending an unexpected hand. Meant the world.

Comments

Get Hooked said…
Lisa, you are awsome! And if I can ever help, please just ASK!!! I'm always willing to help, but never very good at knowing what to do.

Popular Posts